Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Magic Box


Okay, so it's been awhile. And I would like to say that I have just been so busy that I haven't had time to post anything new here, when in reality, it should be said that I am just a poor manager of my time and a poor prioritizer. But I am back and hoping to be slightly (lets not be too hasty here) more faithful.

I have a fabulous magic box at my house. It really is incredible! I think it can only be the work of a genius creating this magic box. My magic box... are you ready for this... can take plain, normal, everyday air... and turn it into... water! I am serious. All I do is plug this magic box called a dehumidifier into an electrical outlet, it sucks in air and presto-chango turns it into water.
Now I knew that the humidity was high here in Nashville, but what does that really mean? How much water is really floating around in the air? Well, I can tell you that in my little, tiny house, it takes anywhere from 11 to 20 hours for my dehumidifier to collect 50 pints of water. That is 100 cups of water! From the air! And half the time you wouldn't even think that it was that humid! (Which makes me think that maybe I have climatized all too well!)

(And yes, I am aware that I made up a few new words in this blog, but I like them and shall therefore leave them!)

4 comments:

  1. I thought you didn't know how to blog anymore, since its been so long! But wow that really is crazy, I can't believe in less than a day you get that much water! Don't you miss the dry Utah air?? I think applying lotion on everywhere is better than the bad hair I get in humidity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a blog from sarah, what the heck. i thought you had forgotten how to compute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you back. That is an awful lot of water. I would be curious how much one would produce here in Utah. It does seem amazing doesn't it, that water can seemingly come from nowhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy! I have experienced humidity in Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, etc., but I would never have thought that you could get that much water out of the air in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete