Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Little Front Room




I have finally taken some pictures of my living room because it is as done as it will be for awhile (minus the unfinished painting on the wall). It looks a little plain in these pictures but it doesn't feel that way to me at all. I really love the way the room is turning out. I am trying to maintain a combination of the old and new. I love my "curtain rods" that are wire, and I love the wall heater behind the chair. I love the old moldings, doors, and windows and the clocks and pictures on the wall.

This one is a view from the front door.

This one is a view from the hallway.

And this is a view from the small window opposite the front and hallway doors.

Now, as soon as it is cold enough to get out the new comforter, I will post pictures of my finished bedroom as well. Getting the laundry closet in the kitchen fixed up, and the water line to the house replaced are hopefully the two big projects for this fall -- that fortunately, require nothing more than my being home and paying for them! I am keeping myself busy this fall with school, work, church, and training for another marathon, so time for house projects is nonexistent!

7 comments:

  1. Your on a blogging role! Thanks for finally sharing some pics, love the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute room! It's nice to finally see a little bit of where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the room, I couldn't help but notice your tiny tv as well! Lol, it is very cute. What color are your walls again?? The pics didn't do the wall justice.
    And I expect another blog in a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, very cute. Isn't it fun to be able to put your own mark on the house? It is stressful at times, but so satisfying when it is all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really nice! Glad you are getting settled in and giving us a look into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Now I know where Sarah lives.....I have seen your street and viewed it from all angles, and now I am seeing your house. Thanks for sharing and keep it coming. And, good luck with school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is so cute! I love the decorating. I hope this year is going good!

    ReplyDelete