Sunday, March 8, 2009

The end of the house hunt?

Clearly, I have not posted anything on my blog in quite sometime (everyone keeps reminding me of that). But I have been busy. Doing what? you may ask. I will tell you. I have been busy looking for a house. I have spent countless hours looking online, driving past houses and neighborhoods, and the looking at houses with my realtor. It is not a short or easy process.

But the good news, is that I think I have found the house for me. In a quiet little neighborhood about two miles from where I live now is a quaint, little, red brick rectangle we have affectionately referred to as "the Tamworth house." I have a quick little video of the house if you want to see what it looks like on the inside.

The only downside of the home is that the tax record shows a woman purchasing the land in '52 and building the house in '55. That's it. That's all the activity it shows. How, you may ask, is this a downside? And I will tell you, that clearly, the woman lived here and probably died here (there is a ramp built to the kitchen door). Sounds like she lived the quiet life of an old maid. I don't really want the "Tamworth Curse" on me too. I don't want to live there forever and die an old maid. I don't even like cats or small dogs.

Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. I think the house looks great. The fact that it has been updated a little and there is not much to do besides making it yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it is all cleaned up and ready to move in. How very exciting that you are buying a house! This is a great time to be buying. Can't wait to see what your final decision is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is so cute! I have pulled this up a couple of times at work this week, but I can't play the video on my work computer. I'm glad I finally took the time to look at it from my personal computer. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only way you will get the "curse" is IF you get a small dog or a cat!!! Fight the urge!

    I love the house just needs a splash of paint here and there to make it your own, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I had no idea you were house shopping! How fun. I love it, and I noticed that there is already some toilet paper in the bathroom closet. I say BUY IY!

    P.S. who are the cute guys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! If you buy a house you will never move back to Utah....But, I wish you luck with this cute little red brick house and I hope one day I will get to see it in person. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!! I stumbled on to your blog from a friend's blog... anyway, I have a townhome for sale in Nashville that I really really really really need to sell! :) Check it out if you want: http://nashvilletownhouseforsale.blogspot.com/

    I put this blog up for it but haven't added all the information. If you are interested, shoot me an email: katie_2512@hotmail.com I'll send you specs, price, etc. (By the way, its totally renovated, new carpet and new hardwood, new paint!)

    If you decide on the one mentioned on your blog, I hope you love it! ((Otherwise, check out mine! haha! )) :)

    ReplyDelete