Friday, January 16, 2009

Two More Reasons I LoVE and LiVE in Nashville

Last night, thanks to John, I was able to go to the taping of the Colgate Country Showdown.  Okay, so you have probably never heard of it (I hadn't), and probably won't watch it when it is on tv, but there is just something fun about going to these tapings.  The live music is always good.  There is SOOO much great undiscovered talent in the world, and I love being in the city that people come to for a chance at the fame.  I was happy sitting on the original, hard, wooden pews of the Ryman Auditorium (although, let's be serious, my buns did get a little sore), and listening to the music.  The starting and stopping of the whole thing is entertaining-and of course the people watching is always great!  

But, of course, all great evenings to an end and I had to bundle up and head out into the cold.  By the time I walked the four blocks to my car, my face and hands were literally frozen.  10 degrees Farenheit with a wind chill of -2.  Brrr!  But I still had a smile on my face.  Why, you may ask?  I will tell you.  Because I teach in Nashville.  And in Nashville, when it's that cold, what do you do?  You cancel school.  (Children apparently can't wait at a bus stop when it's that cold!)  So, I was well aware that I could go home, watch my tape of The Office, curl up in my bed and stay there for a LONG time!  (And stay I did.  Until about noon.  I got some really great reading done!)

So, those my friends, are two more reasons why I LoVE and LiVE in Nashville.

7 comments:

  1. You know, Nashville has never been on my list of places I want to visit; however, since you have lived there it is starting to creep up from the bottom of my list. Not only would I get to see you, and where you hang out, but I'm starting to see where there really is probably a lot you could see and do there.

    I'm glad you got some time to rest and relax. Although I don't need to have my kids home from school, I sure do hate sending them out when it is that cold around here. Especially, Cayla who has to wait in line outside until the bell rings and the teachers let them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to work in a place where they cancel school when it is cold! We got a memo from the superintendent a few months ago which stated that the chance of a weather-related school closing is slim to none, so we should plan on being at work no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, well now I officially hate you. I am dying to come to Nashville. I wnat to check out all the Honky Tonks in town, and I want to come while there is a NASCAR race going on. I want to stay for at least 5 days, no less, but I do NOT want to do it when it is -2. I'm not completly crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, apparently I cannot spell either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I have always wanted to go to Nashville, even before my darling Sarah Grace was there. But how fun it would be to come now that I would have my own private tour guide. I am very happy that you are having such a fun time there. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and thanks for creating your blog. It is nice to see you joining in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sarah! It's Kira, you know, face on a milk carton girl? Haha! I saw on Kellie's blog yours and I figured it must be you because who else would have a blog titled "alive in Nashville"? Hope you don't mind me adding you to my list of blogs! You crack me up, and I love a good laugh, so I will read your blog often because you're hilarious! Glad Nashville is treating you well!
    Kira

    ReplyDelete